- Mt Wellington Location, Parking on Site
- Automotive trade category
- Autonomous & challenging role with opportunity to learn
In this role you will work closely with the Merchandise Manager (based in Australia or New Zealand) to develop and ensure successful implementation of strategic category plans. Our Category Managers are responsible for driving best in market range and competitive pricing to help deliver profitable growth within the NZ Market. Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement category plans (including annual promotional plans)
- Identify market and product opportunities, and introduce targeted percentage of new products
- Grow sales and GP (achieve annual budget numbers)
- Develop and implement category pricing strategy
- Inventory management for your responsible categories and working with Supply Chain Team to optimise inventory
- Work with Supply Chain and Replenishment teams to ensure availability at DC and stores
- Conduct range and product lifecycle reviews
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships including regular supplier QBR's
- Grow Own Brand sales
- Ensure the category can meet the market requirements via local and offshore vendors
- Maximise Digital channel opportunities (B2C/B2B)
- Manage and maintain vehicle catalogue data
The Ideal Candidate
Having come from a Category Management background, you will be able demonstrate your experience in ranging, pricing, promotion and category planning. As a strong communicator, you will be comfortable liaising and negotiating with stakeholders. This would be an automotive trade category, so experience within or knowledge of the automotive industry would be ideal, or other trade related industries. We are also interested in hearing from highly experienced Assistant Category Managers who are looking to take that next step.
We are ultimately looking for someone to take charge of the category in NZ and you'll consider yourself to be proactive and self-motivated individual. You'll enjoy working in a team but also be very competent operating autonomously and delivering results, with a high degree of accountability.
GPC Asia Pacific is a global leader within their industry and compromises of a number of well-known automotive business - We are best known for our iconic brand Repco, however it's not always known that we have several other automotive businesses that sit under the GPC umbrella, which you will also work with in this role. We have a fantastic culture across our network as well as lots of projects on the horizon - This is a particularly exciting time to be part of our team!
Send your CV and cover letter to our Careers Team by clicking APPLY.